Breakups are really hard. I showed you why breakups are painful in my latest post which you can find here. In this post I am going to show you how to get past a painful break up.
- Purge your ex from all of your contacts
- Stay off of social media for a few weeks
- Pack up photos or other reminders of your ex
- Spend time with those who love you. Don't isolate even if that is all you want to do
- Journal about your feelings
This photo was actually taken by my daughter (who is awesome). You can find here blog here.
- Write a letter to your ex (but don't send it). This is just for you
- Acknowledge the good things about your past relationship (but don't over-romanticize it)
- Spend time doing things that recharge you
- Give it time. Rushing into a new relationship will not solve the problem
- Make a list of your goals and dreams. This will help you redefine the life you want and get you thinking about the possibilities.
- Make a list of 10 things you like about yourself. This can help you develop some self-compassion. You have a lot to offer the universe. Yes, you!
Here is a little infographic to sum up the post.
If you are struggling with the pain in your life, professional counseling can help. You can call our Houston therapist at 713 - 591 -3612, or visit the Wilson Counseling website at www.wilsoncounseling.org to find out more.